Not only are good, informative, and / or entertaining videos preferred by your prospective customers or followers, videos are 53 times more likely to get you a ranking within the first page on Google according to Forrester Research.
Google has made it a priority to serve a variety of media options for any given search query.
The good news is that you have a much better shot at getting on the first page of Google (the first ten results) with a video than with a standard HTML web page or article.
- Submit both the video and the page displaying the video to the major search engines
- If using a 3rd party video platform provider like Youtube, then make sure that the links point back to your website.
Many site owners believe that they only need to optimize their home page for the search engines. Where they fail is not concentrating on the more numerous internal website pages.
Search engines, their search bots and spiders, no longer index and read the home page more often or thoroughly than the deeper internal pages on your site. It is possible, and in some cases very easy, to have internal pages out-rank your home page for important keyword phrases.
So what should you do?
Start by identifying the pages on your site that deal with your most important products, services or themes.
- Add your most important keyword phrase to the end of your url. The keyword phrase we are targeting is bolded. Example – techwaredist.com/cd_printing
- Each page should have an unique and descriptive page titles that feature your most important keywords and keyword rich phrases.
- Each page must have solid keyword rich H1 tags
- Write great, original content on each page that deals with the appropriate topic, product or service you are focusing on.
- Update your content on a regular basis. Make sure the updates are fresh and valuable for your prospective customers or audience.
- Add a short 20-40 second video discussing valuable ideas, demonstrations or lessons on each of these interior pages.
Need help getting started? Simply contact Drew at 952.944.0083 or email: drew at techwaredist.com to get your interior web pages ranked higher on Google and Bing.
Optimizing your website for good, relevant keywords is probably the number one key to successful search engine optimization for Google and Bing.
- Use a great free tool like Google’s Keyword tool
- Start with phrases you think your customers will type into the search engines
- Target long-tail words (3 to 5 word phrases) as they are less competitive
- If you have mostly local customers, target phrases with your city or state name included in the phrase
Once you have a strong list of the keywords and phrases you want to target, then write high-quality pages within your site that have your phrases naturally sprinkled into the copy. Work in your keywords where it makes sense, but not excessively (keyword stuffing could get you penalized by Google and it sounds awful to your potential customers).
Try and target 2 similar keywords per page. Typically going for more that 2 per page within your site will not work.
Need help with your website design and internet search marketing?
Call Drew at 952-944-0083.
Long Tail keywords are phrases that are at least 3 words or more. Longer word phrases are not searched for nearly as much as more popular 1 or 2 word phrases, but the traffic is typically much more targeted and therefore a much better quality lead or visitor to your site.
Another bonus to longer, less popular keyword optimization is that there is less competition. That means it is much easier to achieve high rankings (page 1) on Google and Bing.
Longtail example: bicycle repair minneapolis (only 200,000 webpages) versus
Short keyword: bike repair (competing against 8,470,000 other webpages)
So what should you do?
- Create a page targeting the longer word phrase – techwaredist.com/bicycle-repair-minneapolis (just an example).
- Write some good content, page titles and an H1 using phrases like “bike repair in Minneapolis” , “we fix bicycles Minneapolis, MN” and “Minneapolis bike repair”
- Update your new page with good relevant content on a regular basis
Call us for help with making your website search better on Google and boost your profits by driving high quality leads and buyers to your site.
952-944-0083 – Keep checking back for our weekly website tips
Creating Better URL’s
Want to get found on Google by more potential customers or prospects? Here are a few tips.
1. Come up with a domain name that includes your most important keyword or keyword phrase. Keep it short. Use no more than 1 hyphen.
Example: You own a bike repair business in St. Paul, Minnesota – a great url/domain for you would be stpaulbikerepair.com or bicycle-repairs.com.
2. Get a dot com address – they search much better than .net, .biz, .org, .tv, .info, etc.
3. Individual page url’s on your site should also be unique and feature a relevant keyword.
Example: with for the bike business – stpaulbikerepair.com/we-repair-schwinn-bikes or stpaulbikerepair.com/schwinn-scooters-on-sale
4. Incorporate your city or state in the domain in order to capture Google, Yahoo and Bing local search results – stpaulbikerepair.com
Need help with your website, design, functionality, shopping cart, SEO, or Social Media presence? Call or email Drew – 952.944.0083 or drew at techwaredist.com